Tuesday, July 2, 2013

New York Fries Poutine

Yesterday at the mall I got some NYC Fries Poutine. I love this store because it sells my favorite thing in the world - poutine. But ironically, it's not available (at least not that I know of) in NYC, where it is purportedly from.


The mall was pretty packed because it was Canada's Day. The food court was also under construction, leaving only a thin narrow crossway where people can walk between vendors.


Needless to say, we didn't have much time to choose (not that there were much to choose from), so I got the regular poutine with cheese curds and gravy. I would have liked to try the works but my Mom doesn't trust the beef.


I liked how there was a free condiment section where you can sprinkle on whatever you wanted, like spiced corn or olives. I got some corn and tomato to go.


The price was pretty steep - a small poutine with a cup of small drink cost $9. But the fries were really nice and soft, drained over a thick bed of cheese curds and gravy. The cheese were literally pull apart good, you can stretch the string of cheese for over half a meter!


The taste was pretty good, but like all poutine you'll get sick of it after the 5th bite. This one, being a little milder, or perhaps I was just hungry from all the walking, lasted me towards the 15th.

Although the texture was pretty much right-on, it still wasn't as good as the one I've had at Apt 138. That was was the best poutine I've had, ever, period.

No comments:

Post a Comment