Monday, October 1, 2012

Lunch Hour Nachos

The other day I tried the Kimchi Taco truck parked outside of Park and 47th. I actually wanted to try Korilla, the regular taco truck that parks there. But for some reason I couldn't find it there that day.


Before deciding on this one, I actually ventured towards 47th to take a look at the plethora of food trucks there. It was crazy busy - the whole street was lined up with food trucks and eager office beavers waiting for their quick albeit delish lunch fix.


There was even a pizza truck! But that would defeat the purpose of Naples and the $1 pizza parlor nearby.


There was also a Peruvian food truck that I kinda wanted to try. But I wasn't feeling all that hungry that day, so I opted not to try it.


I didn't want a huge burrito, which was what the food truck was serving. But I did like their creative flair of incorporating Korean elements to Mexican food. It was like kimchi tacos, bibimbap on a tortilla, bulgogi quesadillas...I just got the Korean nachos, which were basically refried means with fresco cheese on top of fried wonton skins. They actually have a restaurant in Brooklyn as their homebase.


Very interesting combination. The wonton skins were fried to a crisp, but got a little soggy with the beans on top. Hubby liked this, and I thought it was pretty good as well.


But the serving was pretty standard, since this is only a side dish and all. I finished it in a gusto, and wanted some kimchi afterwards.
 


Kimchi Taco Truck
$
**** (4/5)

No comments:

Post a Comment