Saturday, September 8, 2012

Dig Inn

Two weeks ago, I grabbed lunch with a colleague near Union Square. It was drizzling that day, so we didn't want to walk very far from the subway.

Thankfully, there's a couple of restaurants along Union Square's farmer's market. I suggested the ubiquitous sandwich place, but my friend who had studied in London was turned off by the production-line sandwiches.


So we went into Dig Inn, which looked like a really fresh and healthy place.


And indeed it was. There's not that many choices, just a buffet of healthy food choices. You start with a type of protein like tofu or meat, then your type of rice, and then add in up to three veggies as the side.



I got a small sized package, and chose veggies as my main dish. In retrospect, I should have checked out the tofu had I seen it.


I picked the roasted carrots, sweet potatoes and cauliflower and broccoli as my three veggies. The rice I picked is a yellow-ish rice that looked like it was seasoned.


Hubby, who is a vegetarian, chose tofu as his main dish. He got some cucumber salad, mixed veggies and mushrooms as his sides.


The rice was a little on the dry side. I would have preferred a more softer, fluffier texture. The sweet potatoes were right on - with just the right amount of sweetness. The carrots were pretty nice, even though I didn't really like the taste of steamed beta carotene. I would have liked more flavor in the broccoli and cauliflower, but oh well, you can't get all the bang for your health.


Dig Inn

$$
*** (3/5)
Kids-friendly

No comments:

Post a Comment