Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Crazy 7/11

So this morning on the subway, I was contemplating whether or not to write a blog about how crazy New York mornings are. Looking at the hustle and bustle of people on the subway, while sipping my iced coffee, I was reflecting about my own experience thus far in the Big Apple.

Better than Starbucks coffee

I didn't have enough elbow space to take out my green tea cheesecake breakfast-wich (the cake that I fished out of the oven after the spill) to enjoy with the iced coffee. After I got off at Grand Central, I was actually eager to get working on this blog entry. Just then, this lady tapped me on the shoulder and told me that I had a hole in my skirt.

I asked her where, and it was pretty embarrassing. So then I ran around like a madwoman, trying to find the nearest store. I went into Banana, but everything there was pretty expensive, despite the 40% off sale sign (that applies to certain new items only).

So then I headed to Daffy's, and pushed around the racks, trying on pants, skirts, whatever I could find in a size 0 or 2, which isn't hard because there aren't many of those. The saleslady wouldn't let me wear a skirt I had found from the change room, so I ditched that and tried on another pair instead. The security guard must have thought I was some cloth-mongering lunatic because I was trying on the pants beside the racks! Anyways, after a crazy experience, I finally got my pants and took off my skirt.

Whew, afterwards I found out that today is 7/11. Lucky me, eh?

Check your skirt ladies!

Btw: there is free slurpies at 7/11 to celebrate the errr...not-so-lucky day! I got home around 7pm, and they ran out =(

p.s. Just found out that I have a hole in my shoe too! Grrrrr...

No comments:

Post a Comment