Monday, June 4, 2012

Linguine a la mer

Yesterday I had a craving for pasta and seafood, but really it was just because I wanted to try the new white clam sauce that we just got. So I made this...

Linguine a la mer
some linguine (can alter depending on your feed size)
chicken stock
half a can of white clam sauce

Cento White Clam Sauce

a dose of white cooking wine
2-3 cloves of garlic, smashed
1 scallion, finely chopped
some red kidney beans, or any other beans you like
hoisin sauce
imitation crab meat, diced

Imitation crab meat

So all you have to do is boil some pasta in the same method as I've done a billion times (half/half with chicken stock and water), except this time put in some white cooking wine just when the water is boiling for more texture in the pasta.

Butter up a frying pan, and fry up the garlic and scallion. Make sure they don't burn, but they do, it tastes fine too (I did exactly just that). Turn down the heat to medium-low, and then dump in half a can of white clam sauce and the kidney beans (I actually just wanted to use up the kidney beans, but it added more texture and nutrition).  Be careful to have a cooking shield, because some of it may spray up in the heat.

Drain the pasta and dump it into the pan. Turn the heat to low to really simmer the sauce and lock in the flavor. I taste tested it just then and found it a little too garlicky for my liking, so I added some hoisin sauce for a sweeter taste. 

Linguine a la mer

Buono appetito!

No comments:

Post a Comment