Thursday, May 31, 2012

Naples 45

Today for lunch I went to Naples 45, the uberly duperly upscale Italian restaurant. They have a daily half off pizza special after 2pm.

I got a gigantic corner slice of margherita pizza made with San Marzano tomatoes, fresh mozzarella and basil for only $2.45. I almost couldn't believe that was considered a slice of pizza.

Margherita DOC

The crust was uber thin and pretty chewy. It's got this nice toasty texture akin to sourdough, but without the sourness.

The tomatoes were fresh - at times the sourness could be a little overpowering, but you have to appreciate its freshness. The mozzarella was probably the best part - large chunks scattered across the thin crust. It doesn't have that much flavor, but you can shake on lots of fixings to suit your taste.

Next time I would like to try the Pepperoni flavor. They took out this freshly baked pie just when I paid.

Pepperoni pizza with spice sausage

Perhaps the best thing about it is that even for health conscious people like me, that huge slice wasn't all that much, because of the extremely thin crust. I pulled my slice apart and rolled it up for easy grazing. Hubby though didn't think it was all that special, but I liked the subtle mildness of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment